Are you planning to accomplish a small construction project? If you are, you need the right equipment for the flawless execution of the job. A crane is one essential piece of equipment that can ensure accuracy and efficiency in certain aspects of the project. There are different types of cranes to choose from for construction projects and you can conveniently rent them from a crane company. These industry professionals can help you determine the most appropriate type of crane for your project.
The Smart Way to Choose the Right Crane for Your Project
1. Identify Areas of the Project Where a Crane Is Necessary
The first step is to identify the “heavy” aspects of the operation that can become simpler to execute with the help of the equipment. Will you be moving earth? Perhaps you need to transport big and chunky construction materials from point A to point B? Knowing the demands of the project will allow you to match them with the capabilities of the crane.
2. Know Your Budget
It is also crucial to establish the construction project’s budget. Certain cranes are versatile and can perform different tasks, and yet come at more affordable rates. Meanwhile, there are specialty cranes that are more expensive to rent but perform the fastest and most precise execution of a particular task for the operations. Once you have established your budget, it will be much easier to pick the type of crane to use.
The Best Type of Crane for Small-Scale Construction Projects
For small construction projects, a crane hire company recommends self-erecting cranes as the best option. These are the most practical models to use in construction projects scheduled to be finished in a much shorter time period. This particular tower crane type also offers other benefits to small construction projects, such as:
- It offers improved efficiency in all your material handling.
- It is quick to setup and dismantle, allowing you to stay on top of your project schedule better.
- The overall cost of the project is reduced because these pieces of equipment help eliminate the need for more laborers for the project and accomplish tasks much faster.
- You get to practice improved occupational health and safety compliance. The risks of worker’s injury reduce when you have versatile pieces of work equipment performing heavy work operations
- There are fewer inconveniences for neighboring areas. Again, with faster operations, people living near the site will not have to deal with the dust, the noise of construction, and the traffic congestion for a long time.
- There is increased productivity. Using the proper crane to make vital tasks easier and faster to complete allows the operators to finish their tasks as well as contribute to other aspects of the project. There will thus be increased work output in a given period of time.
Self-erecting cranes come in a variety of models. Some can bear heavier loads than others and reach higher. There are also models that are kinder to the environment by being emission-free. Choosing from the selection can be daunting, so it would be wise to do your tower crane hire research and then request guidance from the specialists who know these cranes best to ensure functional efficiency. Do not hesitate to sit down and engage in a thorough consultation with a crane hire company. Their staff will not only educate you about the equipment but also match your project with the perfect crane design or model to use.
Additional Services Provided By a Crane Rental Company
Once you have completed the selection process, you can still rely on the crane hire specialists for further assistance; especially when it comes to procuring permits for their installation. They will also help manage the traffic of the operations as well as provide maintenance for the equipment and take care of removal at the conclusion of the project. Choosing the right crane for your small construction project is undoubtedly a demanding task. However, if you follow the process and the advice provided here, you can take care of this crucial responsibility more effectively.
Hermann Buchberger is the Founder and CEO of Active Crane Hire (ACH). He’s taken the company from start-up to Industry Leader offering the largest fleet of construction cranes in Australia. ACH launched a new type of crane previously unheard of in the Australian market: electric tower cranes. The company’s infrastructure and associated services now comprise a fleet of trucks and trailers, a crane-rigging team, mobile crane technicians, a fleet of service vehicles, and an extensive range of crane spare parts.