If you want to find out about tennis courts and the construction of these surfaces, if you are a big tennis fan or want to learn more about tennis like the construction of the tennis court then let me tell you about the construction of the tennis court. The construction of a tennis court for a school has an asphalt surface which is a hard court. These types of surfaces are for the football, tennis, basketball, and netball games.
Asphalt Courts are used for Multiple Games
There are some courts built with asphalt. And they can be used for multi games such as football, tennis, and basketball. When the courts are not made of asphalt then the grassed area is always muddy throughout winter and in rainy seasons as well. So, asphalt court is important of an all-weather playing sports surfaces. So, the asphalt courts have been constructed. One of the great advantages of using the asphalt court is the very little or no maintenance cost. This is the reason why in some countries asphalt tennis courts are now constructed, to make playing easier.
Services of the Tennis Courts
There are three court surfaces: grass, clay and the hard court which is made up of asphalt.
Very easy to maintain, these type of courts are typically made up of asphalt. The hard courts are the most commonly available courts in the markets. The hard court provides an asphalt-surface where:
- The bounce of the ball is high because of the hard surface and as well as the bounce of the ball is very predictable as the surface is very flat and easy to maintain.
- The ball travels at a speed which is lesser than that of the grass courts but the speed of the ball is faster than that of the clay courts.
- It is a very good surface for all types of players as it provides a good compromise between a clay court and a grass court.
- Generally known as democratic courts which provides players favoring various types or styles of the play, from the serve and volley player to baseliner, thus providing an even playing field.
- It provides a smoother surface to play as it offers a better surface for the bounce of the ball.
The deep red colored clay courts are usually synonymous with the French Open championships. These courts are the slowest surface in tennis because of the clay surfaces. They affect the speed of the ball by reducing the motion and the skid of the ball on the surface of the court. That’s why it makes easier for an opponent to return the shot as the bounce of the ball is slower than that of hard surface.
This kind of courts offers the fastest surface of all tennis court surfaces due to its slippery surface. The bounce of the ball is slower as the soil is softer than that of other materials. The grass courts can bounce unpredictably due to softer and slighter uneven surface of the grass. Grass courts are ideal for cricket and football tournaments. And the texture, length, and quality of grass should be considered before the grass courts are made.
- The bounce of the ball is slower than that of hard court
- The bounce of the ball is unpredictable.
- The movement of the ball also increases with a lower bounce rate. Thus it favors the players with a good serve and net players as well.
These are different tennis court services and different surfaces available, which you can choose from, depending on your needs.